VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

My PIXMA iP100 photo print;er does not print and the green

Customer Question

My PIXMA iP100 photo print;er does not print and the green and orange alarm lights flashes alternatively and the solution for error number 5100 does not solve it. This problem started while printing with low ink level. Now the print head does not move even after I changed the ink tanks for new ones.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 10 months ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry to hear of the issue. To try and resolve the issue, please follow these steps: 1. With a flashlight or other bright light, please check the paper feed areas of the printer and verify that there are no paper jams or obstructions in the printer that may be causing the error. 2. Look inside of the printer where the inks are located and ensure that there are no obstructions in there that may be causing the print head not to move freely.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Your provided solutions did not. Solved the problem.
OK, that is why we are here to assist you in this problems resolution.The "Error 5100" means that paper jam or carriage jam. The carriage should be on the right side when its in rest position.So in your case it looks like the carriage is jammed. Turn off the printer and try to move the carriage with hand and see if something is jammed there.Chime in and let me know of your results.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I followed your instructions and I can move the ink head freely with my hand. But it will not move to the right or center automatically. It just will not move at all when I turn it on.
OK, then unplug the Printer for 30 minutes.. Then plug it in again and try to power on the Printer once more. Please unplug the Printer from the back of the Printer. Chime in and let me know of your results...
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just finished making the test you suggested,which is similar to the one for error 5100, which I had made before, but the print head does not move anyplace. It remains in the same place that you leave it. Do you think the low ink situation caused it to stop working. Because that was the only situation that occurred. Both green and orange lights keep blinking simultaneously.
OK, you are in Puerto Rico. Which Major City are you nearest to?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I live in sanJuan.
OK, please reach out to: ***** *****  WebsiteDirectionsElectronics Repair ShopAddress: 419 Andalucia, San Juan, PR 00920Phone:+1(###) ###-####They are Authorized Service Providers in San Juan. Also, you might consider purchasing a new one as this one being repaired may be cost a little too much. So the printer is down and must be repaired or replaced.... Please chime in and let me know of your thoughts?