Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Dell 1320 c hooked up to lenovo computer flashing paper and

Customer Question

dell 1320 c hooked up to lenovo computer flashing paper and ready/ data light and Error light on ! will not print
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: printer worked fine with last two computers, and Apple and a dell
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: I tried to download a new driver, lbut not sure if it laoded, pushed the reset button in the back,
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I think you should first find out whether the error condition on the printer is in the printer itself, or in the computer or in the print job the computer is sending to it.Disconnect the printer from the computer.Turn the printer Off, for at least 10 minutes.Turn it On again, still disconnected from the computer. See if it initializes OK that way... if not, tell me the result and we will continue working on it.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
After unplugging the printer and disconnecting it from the computer, I still get and error message but the green paper light is no longer blinking. The Orange lighted Error exclamaion point is stil lit.
At least that's some progress.What is the error message, please, in full and exactly?