Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

I have a Brother MFC-9130CW printer. We just replaced the fuser

Customer Question

I have a Brother MFC-9130CW printer. We just replaced the fuser kit and now sometimes the paper that is printed is feeding out the rear of the machine.
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I'm Wes, and I'll be assisting you today.Sorry to hear you're having trouble.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 5 months ago.
When the fuser is changed, sometimes the rear tray is opened and a flat plastic paper guide is removed.It sounds as if the paper guide is missing, check to verify no parts were taken out.An image of the paper guide can be seen here:, check to see if the rear paper tray is closed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is this the piece that is hinged at the bottom?
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 5 months ago.
Yes.Try removing the fusing unit and re-seat it back in place.Be sure that both latches lock all the way down on the sides of the fusing unit.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 5 months ago.
Sure. Let me know if that was helpful.Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We have checked all of this. The print test page feeds out properly but everything else is coming out the back.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 5 months ago.
I will open the question so other experts can help.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 5 months ago.
that should be a setting on the printer it can output to either tray it might be a physcial switch on the printer or it might be in the settings on the printer menu or on the printer options at print time. I can look it up for you but it will take me an hour or so to get to the manual. probably faster for you to just check in those places as there is not all that much in them to look at.But if you want me to look up the exact instructions for you please let me know. eIt is definitely a setting though