John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Would like to use the OCR function on my Brother 495 CW printer/fax/sc

Customer Question

Would like to use the OCR function on my Brother 495 CW printer/fax/scanner but it says I do not have the ability to do so. I do not have the original installation disk any longer. Is there a way for me to do this?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: Not at this time.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.
Yes, unfortunately there is no way to get the paperport software free of cost ,but there are many free OCR software available,which you can use.If you want then I can help you to get one.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No thank you.