Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

All lights are flaching the scheen number of copies

Customer Question

all lights are flaching the scheen for the number of copies is marking E and the printer does nothing anymore
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it is a epson stylus photo rx 420 (M)
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: the system is running under windows 10 and i tried to reinstall the printer from thd cd
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: before the did print bud i did not have the sceer panel on my computer
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Unplug the printer from the power.Leave it that way for a while, say 15 minutes or longer.Disconnect it from the computer also, for the moment.Then plug it in again, and see if it simply powers On and initializes to something other than an error condition (with the lights flashing and the 'E' indication).Let me know how it goes, and how old your printer is, please, meanwhile.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
all is still flickering there was some noice of the cardridgecarrier bud that is all
the printer is alraedy several years old bud only once or twice a week used
I'm sorry to say that the printer has basically gotten a severe error condition that makes it inoperable.Try removing all cartridges. Set them aside, on their sides, without touching the inky underside or the electrical contacts (coppery-colored) on them, upon a piece of absorbent paper towel folded over several times.Then pull the power plug on the printer to power it Off.Then leave it for 5 minutes or so, roughly.Then plug it in again without the cartridges. See if that snaps it out of the problem and back into being fairly capable, at least to the extent of objecting to the cartridges being out. If it just flashes lights and says E still, then you have a decision to make between having the printer replaced, and having it serviced.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That is a question for the servicer to answer. (Getting that information is called, 'asking for an estimate on service charges', and it is quite legitimate to request an estimate of the cost to you of the service, prior to commitment to engaging the servicing in question.) It also depends upon the exact nature of the cause of the problem. And, if the printer were new enough and under warranty, sending it to Epson for servicing would be free of charge, ideally at least. Epson's warranty on printers is generally 1 year from date-of-original-purchase.