Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers

I have a Mac with OS X El Capitan. My EPSON 4530 is showing

Customer Question

I have a Mac with OS X El Capitan. My EPSON 4530 is showing a communication error when trying to print from either Word or Excell. When I look at System Preferences it lists communication error with that printer. I am not sure if this is a system problem, a Microsoft problem, or an Epson problem. Can you help me?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. That error indicates that your Mac has lost the connection to your printer. If it is connected via cable, then the cable connection between two. If it is wireless, then make sure your printer is connected to WiFi network. Now we can reset your printer and see if it works or not (to make sure this is not an issue with your Mac) Go to System Preferences from the Apple menu or from the Dock.Open Print & Fax or Printers and Scanners or Print and ScanControl-click (or Right click) on list of printers on the left side of the window, then choose "Reset printing system" from the contextual menu (or hold down Option key and click - button at bottom left and click Reset Printing System) After resetting, your Printer will disappear from the list. Click the + button in there (in left corner) and add it back Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.