GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

Lexmark c544dn I keep getting error that cyan cartridge is

Customer Question

lexmark c544dn I keep getting error that cyan cartridge is missing. Ive tried 3, cleaned the contacts, unplugged machine all to no avail.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: c544dn lexmark laser keeps giving methe error that cyan cartridgeis missing. Ive tried 3 new cartridges cleaning the contacts and unpluggingprinter to see if that would clear message. I still get the same message
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no thats it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. My first question is this...are you using genuine Lexmark replacement cartridges? Third party replacement cartridges are often not recognized correctly by the Lexmark printers. My second question...are you sure that all cartridges are installed in the proper slots? Lift up the cartridge latch for each cartridge and remove the cartridge then align the cartridges in their proper positions and slide them in until they lock into place. Please note: You won't hear a click. Just make sure that they are lined up properly and fully inserted.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
Here is a direct link to troubleshooting instructions for this printer series. http://bit.ly/1TDnROtPlease try all of the troubleshooting tips shown here if the instructions that I've already provided did not resolve the problem. If the problem is still not resolved after you have been through all of the proper steps there is a link to click on for further assistance. Please let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.When your problem has been resolved, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!