VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

MY CANNON 990 PRINTER SAYS I NEED TO RELEASE THE LOCK SWITCH.

Customer Question

MY CANNON 990 PRINTER SAYS I NEED TO RELEASE THE LOCK SWITCH. WHAT IS THAT?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I WAS JUST TRYING TO PRINT SOMETHING, BUT BEFORE THAT I WAS ATTEMPTING TO SCAN SOMETHING, BUT THEN IT SAID I NEEDED TO RELEASE THE LOCK SWITCH ON THE SCANNER FIRST. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT IS SO I JUST TYPED UP A DOCUMENT COVER SHEET TO TAKE MY DOCUMENT SOMEWHERE TO FAX IT, BUT I'M GETTING THE SAME COMMENT. "RELEASE THE SCANNER LOCK SWITCH AND TURN THE POWER OFF AND BACK ON". I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE SCANNER LOCK SWITCH IS AND I CAN'T LOCATE THE MANUAL.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: NOT TO MY KNOWLEDGE.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Very happy to assist you with this issue. Please follow the steps below: Lock SwitchMake sure to unlock the scanning unit before turning the machine on.Lift the document cover open. Slide the scanner lock switch to the release mark. Close the document cover. Press <ON> to turn off the machine. Wait approximately 5 seconds then press <ON> to power back on the printer. Chime in and let me know of your results. You issue should be resolved...