Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Paper tray will not go all the way in on my canon mf8300

Customer Question

paper tray will not go all the way in on my canon mf8300
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Examine the interior of the printer before inserting the paper tray. Is there any foreign object, or loose part of the printer, in the interior where it might block the placing of the paper tray ? use a flashlight to examine the interior of the printer where the paper tray goes. Look at the tray itself... esp. the parts that go into the interior of the printer. Are any parts jagged-edged, or loose, etc. ? How far in does the tray go before it stops ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It goes in to the panels on the side stop it. The should allow the tray to go all the way in and not stop.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
So it does go in nearly all the way, but is stopped by the panels on the side in some fashion?Then, are the panels on the side in the right place? or are they displaced somehow?