Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Workcentre 5790 finisher won't dock JA: Sometimes things that

Customer Question

workcentre 5790 finisher won't dock
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: finisher won't dock. 2 'hooks' on left and right will slide in and round knob also slides in place. But machine reads "ensure finisher is docked"
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: no, just the finisher won't dock
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If the finisher and the WorkCentre have been moved, then it is possible that something broke off... esp. if they were moved while linked up together, which is often a grave mistake. It sounds as if a sensor switch on the WorkCentre has not been pressed, by some tab on the finisher, so it does not recognize the finisher as docked. Remove the finisher from the WorkCentre, and examine the finisher for anything jagged or broken-off looking on the side that goes against the WorkCentre.Let me know what you find out, please. Thanks.