John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Just replaced 564XL black cartridge and printer goes through

Customer Question

just replaced 564XL black cartridge and printer goes through its normal routine, paper comes out, but is blank. immediately before installing new cartridge, printing was perfectly normal with previous cartridge until it ran out of ink.
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: see previous message
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: not really
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.For how long was the printer sitting there with the old empty cartridge?Also, did you replace it with a new and genuine one? Or refilled/generic?Thanks! John
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The old spent cartridge was in the printer just long enough for me to open the box of the new cartridge.
Old and new were both HP brand.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What do you think is the problem?
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.
OK, what's your printer model? It seems to be a printhead problem, not an ink cartridge one. If you make a copy from the printer itself, do you get the same issue?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Printer: HP Officejet 4622
I just tried to make a copy. Same result. Blank piece of paper came out.BTW, what is the additional $18 for? I was under the impression this was a $5 deal.
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.
I don't manage billing issues, I don't know even how much are you getting charged, I am a computer expert working here independently. I get 50% of your payment only if you are satisfied. About the issue, I would try the following first: 1- Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine 2- Check there is no residual tape on the cartridges. 3- Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself *** Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab 4- If any of the other cartridges are old, low, empty, leaking or bulging, replace them 5- Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds 6- Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there If the issue is there and the printer is out of warranty, I would try with a printhead cleaning kit like this one ====> <==== Click Here If no luck even with the printhead cleaner, then I would buy a new printer as a new printhead is usually more expensive. ====Please let me know if you need more assistance by using the reply box below, I'm happy to discuss further. :) If not, please take a moment to rate my personal answer to you. =====Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges. Please read below also: Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated. If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges. If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead. Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!! John=====