Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

How do I send & receive faxes wirelessy to a fax number

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
From my Canon MX490
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Faxing isn't really possible wirelessly, unless one does a Scan of the document to a computer (which can be done by wireless connection to the printer, yes) and then faxes the document from the computer using some form of e-fax facility. The Canon MX-series printer/all-in-one device, cannot fax by itself, though. The wireless connection is meant for communicating with a local computer through the wireless facility for purposes of printing, or scanning documents. It (the wireless connection) generally cannot be used for faxing. Faxing from such a printer is generally done over a phone line.... if it is not using it with a computer in the manner I described above that you are talking about.