Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Im getting a printer not responding error!! I can see the printer

Customer Question

Im getting a printer not responding error!! I can see the printer in devices and printers. I have had the printer for sometime its not a new install
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Im getting a printer not responding error!! I can see the printer in devices and printers. I have had the printer for sometime its not a new install
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I have powered it off and back on again...but same result
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. May I know the make and model number of your printer? May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 7? How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable? Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Canon MG6600
Windows 7
Wireless
You may if you can
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Please click Start button and select Devices and Printers. Right click on the printer name and select Remove Device/Delete. Remove all the printers that you are not using. Then, get into Control panel and select Uninstall a Program (listed under Programs). Uninstall all printer related programs listed over there. Then, restart the computer. Then, go to the link below, download and install MG6600 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP).https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-series-inkjet/mg6620 If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK in the process of downloading now
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Are you able to resolve the issue? Thank you.S H E F I N