Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have a MFCL8550CDW the paper is jamming as the paper is been

Customer Question

I have a MFCL8550CDW the paper is jamming as the paper is been pushed on the output tray. between to long rubber rollers. I am trying to find out the roller name and part number
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi Rita,The rollers are part of the fuser assembly - part number LR2241001:http://www.precisionroller.com/fuser-assemblies---units-for-brother-mfc-l8850cdw/details_81243.html
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No not the fusher kit rollers. It is the rollers in the back which are the length of the printer.
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 6 months ago.
Ok, I don't have a part number for those rollers - let me check if another expert can assist you further with this...
Expert:  Robert M. replied 6 months ago.
does it jam if you print only 1 page at a time ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes
if it is slipping in those rollers for sure you can try roughing them up with sand paper or making very light tread marks on the with a razor blade.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No this is not a part of the fuser. It has been replaced.
It's unlikely that is the problem roller. It looks more of a guide roller thsn one that pushes the paper. I would suspect it is a bad sensor that is not showing the paper reaching that point. Especially if that is where the paper stops as it has not even engaged the roller enough to be pushed along
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is going thru the two rollers and stopping just above them. I believe it may be the paper pickup rollers or the Assy. Do you have that part number?
The pickup rollers are the ones that pull it off the paper tray so it wouldn't be them. It should be The exit pinch rollers which come with the fuser assembly
If you already replaced them and that's when the problem started make sure they snapped on correctly
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What I need is the roller part numbers that completes the action into the final exit tray.
can you show me a picture ?i dont believe the roller that you showed is the problem but it would be the exit roller if you think it is.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is stopping just above these rollers you see there just short of the document complete tray.
I saw that picture. I don't see the rollers behind it. As far as I can tell they should be the rollers from the fuser as that is usually the last place it hits before it exits the printer.perhaps there are some rollers above that to toss it up to the output tray but i would want to see them before i believe that.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can drop the back and print completely without issue on this printer. It is stopping short of dropping in the final output tray. I have considered the sensor but am trying to get a full printer diagram and parts list.
i can't find a repair manual for that printer that would list the part numbersYou might try calling this guy (###) ###-####e has a website that sells rollers and feed supplies for that printer among others.http://printerrepairsupport.com/category/brother-mfc-l8850cdw/