Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers

I have an epson workforce 2540 printer. it leaves black smudges

Customer Question

I have an epson workforce 2540 printer. it leaves black smudges when I print. How can I clean it?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.This problem is associated with the printhead because the printhead is the part of the printer which puts ink onto the paper.Take a paper towel and fold it into 4 turns and make it little thick. Then add little rubbing alcohol to it and then place it in the path of the printhead carriage. Then move the printhead carriage over it a few times.Please follow this link to see a video : me if it makes any difference to your problem.