VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I HAVE LOST MY PIXMA MP495 SSETUP DISK CANT CONNETC IT WIRELESS JA:

Customer Question

I HAVE LOST MY PIXMA MP495 SSETUP DISK CANT CONNETC IT WIRELESS
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: DURING THE INITIAL SETUP. I CANT PASS THROUGH DE WIRELESS SETTING
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 11 months ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. You can download and install the drivers for the printer from the Canon USA website to install the printer wirelessly. To do this, please follow the steps below: 1. Press the Maintenance button (looks like a pair of pliers and a screwdriver) on the printer repeatedly until the symbol that looks like "G" appears in the LCD, then press the <COLOR> button to enable the wireless LAN function of the printer.2. Once the wireless LAN has been enabled, we will want to download the drivers from the Canon USA website. The following link will take you to the initial download page for your PIXMA MP495:PIXMA MP495 Drivers and Software pageOnce on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system. 2. Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "DRIVERS" section and click the MP DRIVERS file. When you do, another page will appear giving details of the file you are about to download will appear. 3. Please scroll down on the Details page and agree to the terms of the disclaimer message to continue with the download process by clicking on the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button. After clicking the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button, follow the instructions to download and install the driver. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded. Please be sure to have the USB cable unplugged from the computer prior to installing the drivers; the installation program will prompt you to plug it in at the appropriate time. Once the drivers are downloaded and installed, please restart your computer, and you should be all set to print.
https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mp-series/pixma-mp495#DriversAndSoftware