VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

My name is ***** ***** I am trying to fix my Canon iPF750

Customer Question

Hi - My name is ***** ***** I am trying to fix my Canon iPF750 printer. It was printing very stripey drawings and I've attempted to replace the printer head. It was having an error and wouldn't print (I didn't write down what was happening exactly) and I decided to try to remove and replace the printer head in case it wasn't settled in properly. It drained the ink out of the head, then replaced it and ever since I have this error: E161-4050. I went into service mode, looked around, didn't see anything helpful. Turned off and started up again, it went through the filling process again (had to replace an ink cartridge partway through) and then the same error came up again. Now the maintenance cartridge is at 0% capacity. Should I go back into service mode and replace the maintenance cartridge (which we recently replaced) and try again??
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 8 months ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. I am sorry to hear of the issue. Please follow the steps below: 1. Check the ink supply system from the ink tank all the way up to the Print Head. Make sure the ink lines are filled fully, if not, check the ink supply system ie: values, ink tank, ink tube for leaks.2. Failure of the ink detection during the non-discharging of ink.Go into Service Mode and perform the Nozzle Check which will print the pattern. a. If No non-discharging area is found, go to step "3".b. If any non-discharging are is found,- remove and reattach the Print-head and print the Nozzle check again. If there is still any non-discharging area then the Print-head and or Carriage Relay, Flex Cable could be at fault, go on to step "4".3. If No non-discharging area is found in the Service Mode Nozzle check Pattern, the Head Management Sensor could be faulty.4. If the Print-head and Electrical components are suspected (Carriage Relay, Flex Cable,Main Controller PCB) check and clean and re-seat all the connectors. The Flex Cable can be checked with the Flex Cable checker AY3-4504-000. The Flex Cable connects to the Carriage Relay PCB back to the Main Controller and relays signals back and forth between the two.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ink lines are not full - see photo. I did test the nozzle check pattern earlier and it looked fine.
Did you do the steps that I posted above?
OK, can you show me a pic of the Print Out?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes: "If No non-discharging area is found in the Service Mode Nozzle check Pattern, the Head Management Sensor could be faulty."
Have you done a cleaning? And what type if you have?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Did a type A cleaning. I wonder what is happening with the hoses, why they aren't full of ink?
As that is my question also. Looking at the photo I would check for air in the line, running low of link or ?????
Might there also be a pump issue??
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yeah, none of the ink is low enough to send an alert. Like I said earlier the maintenance cartridge is at 0% capacity which I guess means it needs replacing. It's in error mode right now so I can't do anything. I can go into service mode and check things, but I need a plan of action. I'm no expert so I don't have answers to your questions...
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've heard of ink not being pushed through hard enough and going through a special procedure to amplify the amount of pressure it uses to push the ink through...?
Oh, that would be your issue. When are you planning to acquire another one?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The printer was working fine, except for the stripes, before I replaced the printer head. We have a maintenance cartridge here and I can put it in, but the error happened before it needed replacing so I think the error might come back.
Also, do another cleaning to see if that take care of the air in the hoses....
The new Printhead is new or remanufactured?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok - new maintenance cartridge in. Should I do the A cleaning or the B cleaning? Printheads are new.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I mean printhead is new.
Try A then B. Then print again...
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok ran A and now have a hardware error: 03800500-2F41
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm using the manual.
What does it say on Page #61? When the result of non-ejection detection isas follows:2-49Explanation/Detection sequenceComplete non-ejection of nozzles in 1to 5 chip(s).(A line EVEN/ A line ODD/ B lineEVEN/ B line ODDTotal of 2560 nozzles x 1 to 5 chip(s)complete non-ejection)・Error code assuming a problem in the inksupply system/ purge system. There is an issue with the ink flowing to the nozzles.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes there is air in the tubes. where to next?
Before we go any further. I need to ask is there Maintenance Contract on this Printer?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
3 adjacent tubes have air in them so the flow chart says "purge fault isolation". I don't think we have a maintenance contract - we have to pay to have people come work on the plotter.
OK, power the Printer off for 30 minutes and then power it back on. Reach out to me when you do this.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok I have to go home - I've stayed late enough, so I might get back to you Monday. I'm beginning to think we have to call a tech to come here since I'm not getting anywhere.
OK, I will be here then Sir or Madam...