Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Where are the corona wires and how do you clean them. What

Customer Question

Where are the corona wires and how do you clean them. What do they look like?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
The corona wire is an internal component of the drum assembly.Remove the toner cartridges, and then remove the drum assembly. There you'll see a teal colored plastic tab on the drum, which slides back and forth across the width of the drum unit. Slide that side to side about 5 times, then replace it and let me know if the problem continues.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do not see the teal colored plastic tab on the drum which slides back and forth across the width of the drum unit. Where is this tab located on the drum?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Look on the individual cartridges, do you see it there? It is a teal or green/blue colored plastic piece.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Do you need more help with this?If so, simply reply back on this page.Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.Nathan