Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a vivo! touch printer but it wont use the magenta toner. JA:

Customer Question

i have a vivo! touch printer but it wont use the magenta toner.
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: well i have replaced the image belt and all the drums and toners the ink levels show they're filled but it wont use the magenta toner it was working fine about 2 days ago.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: it could be the HV power supply but we had that replaced recently
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I suggest checking, esp. in the magenta section of the printer (if it is easy, in this model, to identify) for any sign of loose toner, or any sign of loosely seated consumable parts. While doing that check, of course, re-seat all magenta section consumable / replaceable / reseatable parts.And also see if the re-seat helps at all. If loose toner signs, of any color whatever, are seen in the magenta section, then you would need to do a general cleaning of that part of the printer's interior, according to directions that I would give you. So please let me know.