John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Pearl, I have an Epson Workforce Pro WF-4630 all in one

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have an Epson Workforce Pro WF-4630 all in one printer. I'm having issues using the scan to Document Capture Pro from my Epson's control panel. It works fine when I restart my computer but if the computer sits idle or goes to sleep and I open it back up and try to scan to Document Capture Pro from the Epson control panel it says it could not find computer(s) with Document Capture Pro installed. The computer is often left on idle and not shut down so for this to happen every time is a pain. Is there anyway around this? Also our computer runs Windows 7. Thank you for your help.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable? Have you tried Epson scan to scan documents? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is connected through my network. I would like to use the control panel on the Epson workforce 4630 to scan documents and save them on my computer. I don't think there is an option for scan to scan documents.
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.
Hi, Please click Start, All programs, Epson and then select Epson scan settings. Change the scan settings for your printer. Let me know if you are not able to get the options. Thank you.S H E F I N