Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have a little Cannon printermMG5560 which has worked until

Customer Question

I have a little Cannon printermMG5560 which has worked until I recently had my computer upgraded to windows 10 and the most recent Office suite. PC not MAC
IT will print now but not scan. Can someone help me either go thru a bit of trouble shooting to see if it is set up properly or do you know if there is a non compatibility issue??
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.you need the full featured driver software to make the printer and scanner work.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When I press the scan funtion the window on the printer shows this - picture of PC to local USB then is says doc type arrow auto scan. when I push the scan button nothing happens
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
Uninstall the currently installed printer driver and download the full featured software from the link given below.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK ... wher is the green link below? also when I uninstall is there only one icon I need to uninstall or lots ?
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
Driver download click here
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ah ha! Ill do that now
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
NO I can do it... give me a minute
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
Take your time.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If this doesnt work i will set that up with you - teamviewer or what ever
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
could you confirm - do I uninstall ALL the cannon icons?
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
you can install printer driver and scanner others are not required like manual and other stuffs. Its your choice if you want to install them all.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it will note uninstall the scanner device. its my fee covering your service over?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
if I try to restart I will lose your link for the new driver?
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
it does you dont have to pay for the time. If you opt for additional service like remote assistance and phone call you may have to pay additional.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the pop up keeps me in a loop and wont let me delete. it says " The file required is damaged. The uninstalllation will be terminated"
can you advise?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have deleted them all except the " Canon IJScan Utility" wont uninstall
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
Power off the printer and then try to remove it from the add remove programs in the control panel.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I haven't heard back from you... I cant delete that last utility. So should I just download form the link you sent and hope ffor the best?
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
got to pick up my son soon , so hope we can blitz this before i have to go
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I hyave had the printer no USB connected? I will power off though now
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
somethigndifferent happenign now... "please wiat while the current programme is being changed"
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
reboot is required.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK - then I will loose you and the link?I have actually dowlaoded the link but not run it yet. Woudl that be ok?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
how do I get you back if I reboot?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
how do I gt you back if I reboot?
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
Open your email after reboot and open justanswer email you will see a button view my answer the chat will relaunch.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok!
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
alright.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok back and rebooted. when I try to uninstall the file it STILL says " a file required for uninstallation is damaged etc etc"
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it wont let me uninstall it
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
are you there Michelle?
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
hi
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
What is the error you get while trying to uninstall.
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
Try revo to uninstall it.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
quot;A file required to uninstallation is damaged. The uninstallation will be terminated"
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Correction - A file required FOR uninstallation is damaged. The uninstalllation will be terminated"
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
That looks like a problem. Try the revo uninstaller that should take care of removal.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
revo uninstaller that should take care of removal - what does that mean?
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
i gave you a link to download a removal tool link download and install it and then try removing the installed driver.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok .. I will do and gota pick up my son. So are you saying that if I cant finsih this woith you now we can pick up at a later time? in days?
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
you can come back and continue.
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
anytime.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
your services is fantastic... I have just taken it to computer guy and paid for claen up etc... and I dont really want to spend a lot on it as the printer itserlf maynot be worth it. thanks so much and Ill be back ina few days - do you work over weekends?
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
i do.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok just wquikly . I have used revo and the pop up STILL come s up so I need to force an uninstall and it is asking for the path address?
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
will have to remote connect and check in that case.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will get back to you . cause i have tried to get rid of it thru revo and still the pop up continues. I iwll rebooot and chekc and get abck at some stage soon....
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
sure.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
HI Micxhelle,I just haven't had a chance to reassess the printer completely however...It STILL is not scanning even though the REVO product did FINALLY get rid of the bad scant utility file. I have re-instlaled the software and it still is not scanning. It is printing and copiying but not scanning. it sounds suss. I'm not sure if I should take it in to be looked at as I could spend the $55 and you still may not be able to fix it and then I have spent $ on a printer hat is not wroth it. I don't know ... if the solution is not fixed what does it cost me ?
I think this service - your service is fantastic and I woudl love to use you again , I have already told others about it .. I am very happy with the service but not so hap0py about the printer. I think the IT guy who installed the upgrade of Office and Windows 10 might be able to find out why as this has happened since that was done. I wonder is there an incompatibility with either of those new products - it has happened to me before with a new HP printer and they took the return of the rpinter as it wasn't compatible.
your advice... I would rather you look at it but don't want to pour $ into it if it is not going to work....
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
your advice is appreciate. I was hoping to take it in, with the printer , in the morning.
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
Sorry about the delay i was not online yesterday. i can check using remote access and see why its not scanning.Let me know when you are available online.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
HI Michelle I took it inot the computer shop so it has been fixed. Apparently the actual BUTTON on the printer is broken!
i just need to know what you have charged me because it is unsettling to give a credit card number over the net and not knwo what is happening. I will give you a rating I really really appreciated your assistance.
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for understanding if you wish to rate me for my service you may scroll right up on the top of the chat screen you will see starts where you can click on and hit submit.If you have billing question you can contact customer care as we do not have customer info or billing info. I hope you understand due to privacy policy.Thank you.