John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have a Canon MX860 printer. I just replaced an ink cartridge

Customer Question

I have a Canon MX860 printer. I just replaced an ink cartridge and after closing everything up and attempting to print something from an online source the LCD message window says "A printer error has occurred. Unplug the power cord and contact the service center." I can't get it to give any other diagnostic. I have never had this or any other problem with this printer. What are my options?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Does it give any other info?At the top of the printer screen it should have a specific message, like "B200" for example.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?If so, simply reply back on this page.Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.Nathan