Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

There! Canon ip4820 showed "ink absorbers almost full".

Customer Question

Hi there! Canon ip4820 showed "ink absorbers almost full". After reinserting cleaned absorbers, received the 6A80 error. Help!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Spoke with Canon support, they want to sell another printer!
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. This message is a printhead fault. The absorber was likely not replaced correctly or part of the cam mechanism is up preventing the printhead from moving.Remove the absorber and reinsert, then unplug power 5 minutes to reset and see if it returns to normal operation.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?If so, simply reply back on this page.Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.Nathan