John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Canon PIXMA iP4950 green ON/Off and orange alert alternate

Customer Question

Canon PIXMA iP4950 green ON/Off and orange alert alternate blinking. 10 times then stop and start again. Printer does not work
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: ITried what user manual suggested 8switch on,off and again but no results
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem. Ten flashes mean: "The Front Tray is not set to its correct position./The Front Tray was moved during printing." Or: "it means it cannot perform duplex printing. The size of paper may not be compatible with automatic duplex printing." Have you tried reloading the software? Or trying the printer from another computer in order to isolate the issue?Please keep me posted, John