John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Upgraded to Windows 10. Couldn't scan on my HP officejet 4500.

Customer Question

Upgraded to Windows 10. Couldn't scan on my HP officejet 4500. I tried to install the new driver but I am getting a fatal error saying the old MSI.BufferChem can't be removed. Have not found a solution and can't install new driver and printer doesn't work.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: not really
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Goes through the install process, downloading driver, extracting, etc., and then when it says it's installing the driver (using HPs install wizard) it comes up with the fatal error about MIS.BufferChem and shells out.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am not enthralled with the idea of letting someone take over my computer. I'd just like to know how to fix the MIS.BufferChem problem so maybe it will actually install the updated driver. Are you there?
Expert:  JKalman replied 7 months ago.
I can give you directions on how to fix it.