John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am trying to scan to windows 7 64-bit pc with Samsung scx-3835

Customer Question

I am trying to scan to windows 7 64-bit pc with Samsung scx-3835 printer. I am setting it up with SMB but no matter what I do it will not test when running within printer web based software. Connecting to server works but the second step gets operation error and then fails
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 9 months ago.
Hello,I will be the person helping you today. I can help you in one of two ways:1) We will communicate back and forth on this page.2) Remote support, which would allow me to take a look at the problem and fix it for you while you watch. In my experiences, remote support saves a lot of time for everybody and is safer because if instructions are not followed correctly, it may make the problem worse or create a new problem.As a side note, both options are covered by a 100% guarantee and fully refundable, if we are not able to fix your problem.If you wish to choose the first option, please let me know so we can begin. If you wish to choose the second, better option, then click the Accept this Offer button for Secure Remote Assistance.Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I want to use option 1
Okay, I understand. 1) Are you attempting to save the scans to an already shared folder? 2) Are you entering the computer name or the computer IP address into the SMB profile?3) Have you already opened the SMB ports in your firewalls?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have shared folder and security set for everyone. i have use computer name and ip address but makes no difference. I did a netstat -a and the port 139 is listening.
Okay, then it should be working. Are you entering the username and password ***** in the SMB profile?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
yes. I have used multiple users and passwords but makes no difference.
Are you using the same username and password ***** you use to sign into that computer?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
yes.
At this point, there is not much else I can do from this end. Do you want to begin the remote session now so that I can resolve this problem for you or would you prefer that I opt out of the question and allow another person to take over? If another has some further insight, they will opt in and continue with you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Let see if some else has any other ideas. The location was running a 2003 server and it worked fine. I put Win7 64-bit pc in its place and then scanning would not work anymore.
Okay, good luck. Thank you for your time.