Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.

Dear Canon,I have Canon MX512 air printer. Since the network

Customer Question

Dear Canon,
I have Canon MX512 air printer. Since the network name and the password ***** acces the WiFi network have changed, I need help telling my printer the new network and password.
When I try to change the settins on the printer, I get the message
"Detect WPS-compatible access point. To start setup, press the WPS
button on the access point for about five seconds and press OK
of the device."
I don't know how to do this.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Darien. The instructions are referring to a WPS (wifi protected setup) which is meant to be an easier way to set up devices, though it is less secure and many newer routers don't support it.If you look on your router, you may see a button there that says WPS or looks like 2 arrows moving in a circle.If your router does not have that, then you skip past the wps setup and go into Wifi Setup in the printer menu. Under Wireless setup, it will scan for and find your new network, which you'll select from a list, then type in the password ***** the printers front panel.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?If so, simply reply back on this page.Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.