Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.

Pearl...someone called just as just linked in JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

Hi Pearl...someone called just as just linked in
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: so I have this error code 0x97 and it wants me to clear paper jams and I have all but taken the thing apart clearly yet it still refuses to print other than print proof and connectedness reports. Or i will get half a page and then error code
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: error code 0x97
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
What is the model of your printer?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
WF 7620
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for confirming. Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem which is considered a "fatal error" and will almost certainly require service.This specific error pertains to a scanner pcb fault and/or logic board failure.The only thing you can try in this case is to reset the machine:unplug power at the wall outletwait 5 minutespress and hold the power/on button for 60+ secondskeep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then releaseIf still on change, it confirms an internal fault, which requires service. Service for these is not practical either, as repairs on your own would be $200-250, while you could buy a brand new machine for half that. Luckily, this is a 2014/15 model, so depending on purchase date you should still be under the epson 1 year warranty, and can file a warranty claim to have them repair it.Let me know how the reset goes, and I'll help with contact info to file a warranty claim or other options at that point if needed.Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan --Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?