Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My printer is pulling in all papers at once ...I can pull out

Customer Question

my printer is pulling in all papers at once ...I can pull out nothing seems to be caught but will not take just one
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: just pulling all papers in at once printing zero I can pull the papers out
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: I can get nothing to print
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Check the way your paper is put in the paper tray or other paper source. (This advice is general, because you have not stated your printer maker and model # *****)Fan the paper (run a finger along the edge of the stack, to separate the sheets for sure, before putting it into the printer.) Make sure the paper you are using is not saturated with humidity from being kept in a humid location. Then, there are the paper pickup rollers. If the problem might possibly be owing to aging roller surfaces (for paper is fed into faxes and printers with rubber or plastic cylindrical rollers, that propel the sheet into or through the machine)... then you might need to clean the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not happening. Remove all paper from the machine, unplug it, and open it so as to have access to the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not being done properly.Take a clean high-quality lint-free rag cloth, moisten it with rubbing alcohol, and rub the rollers firmly all over their paper-contacting surfaces, three times over. (If the rollers are hard to reach, there is another way to clean them... let me know if that is the case, and I will detail how to do the cleaning.) Allow 5+ minutes for drying-off, then reload the paper, close up the machine where you opened it up, and then try again.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you I am on ohio time I have a cannon mg2120 I assumed it was the roller but not sure how to access it. Pulls all paper in or I can place juat one but sticks and crinkles them. Please advise
Try this, several times, then see if paper feeding improves: 1. remove all paper from the machine, and from the paper tray.2. press MAINTENANCE repeatedly until 'b' is displayed.3. press the COLOR or the BLACK button.4. the paper feed roller will be cleaned. This operation can also be done with paper, loading three (3) sheets of paper before commencing to get the 'b' on the display as instructed above. Do this operation three times over. See if the paper feeding improves.The paper feed roller is just within where the leading edge of the paper rests... you, or someone with smaller hands, may be able to clean it manually also.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can't get the 1 piece of paper out
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Got it out my gosh and it was ripped up. Where is maintenence button
I am looking up that slightly obscure point... will post again in a moment.
It is, I think, the button with the wrench symbol on, or next to, it. The instant you press it the display will change. It isn't the Color nor the Black nor the Power nor the + buttons.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ironically that was the one assumed it was (ya I know what the 1st letters of assume are :) and it will not pull in B. Only E 0 and 3
E03 is an error message.Turn the printer Off, having removed all paper from it gently.Leave it Off for 1+ hours, unplugged from power.That resets it.Try again.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Juat pulled Power cord ...sorry was mowing lawn.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it reset it by unplugging. per your request it reset just fine, then went to pring pulled paper in and jammed it 1 piece at this point I am thinking a new printer should be bought it has something to do with it pulling the paper in when it goes into this craziness ughhhh
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
bring and pulled 1 paper in not pring ...sorry
I see. If it is fairly old, you might well want to recycle it, and get a new printer. If that is what you wish, it will be a good solution enough, since you are not using unusual paper. http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/recyclingis the page to access and order Canon printer recycling services.