Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).
93256567

I have a Lexmark S605 Interact. I keep getting a message, Black

Customer Question

I have a Lexmark S605 Interact. I keep getting a message, Black Cartridge Missing. I have a brand new Lexmark black cartridge. Is there something I can do or a way to clean it so it can read this cartridge?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 7 months ago.
Hi Bette! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent technology expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. It is my pleasure to assist you today.Here are several troubleshooting steps you can try: SOLUTION 1: REMOVE AND RE-INSERT THE PRINTHEADNOTE: see http://www.lexmark.com/publications/pdfs/lexmarkj110/eng/clean.pdf...for full instructions with pictures.1 Open the printer and lift the latch.2 Remove the printhead.3 Wipe the printhead contacts using a clean, lint-free cloth.4 Reinsert the printhead, and then close the latch until it clicks.5 Close the printer.Note: If removing and reinserting the printhead does not resolve the error, PROCEEDSOLUTION 2: MAKE SURE THE INK CARTRIDGES ARE INSERTED CORRECTLY1 Turn the printer on, and then open the printer.2 Make sure the cartridges are inserted correctly.The cartridges should click firmly into the matching color slot of the printhead.3 Close the printer.SOLUTION 3: REINSTALL THE INK CARTRIDGES AND DEEP CLEAN AND ALIGN THE PRINTHEAD1 Reinstall the ink cartridges.If the cartridges do not seem to fit, make sure the printhead is properly seated, and then try installing thecartridges again.2 Load plain paper.3 From the home screen of the printer control panel, navigate to Deep Clean Printhead:> More Options > Deep Clean PrintheadA cleaning page prints.4 Navigate to Align Printer:> More Options > Align Printer.An alignment page prints.Note: Do not remove the alignment page until printing is finished.If none of the above helps with this issue, you may need to replace your printhead. In this case, please call Lexmark at 1-***-***-**** to arrange for a replacement part to be sent to you.