GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

I am running Microsoft Windows 10. I recently bought a Brother

Customer Question

I am running Microsoft Windows 10. I recently bought a Brother 9340CDW which came with Nuance PaperPort 12. When I choose scan, the printer shows up in the dialogue box, I can select it but when I try to scan nothing happens. I contacted Nuance but they told me it wasn't their problem because Brother modified the software. Can you help?
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. This has been a bit of an issue, especially for people who already had the Brother 9340 running on Windows 8.1 and then upgraded to 10. In either case, whether you upgraded, or are setting it up on 10 to start out with, Brother has some very specific instructions for installing the Nuance Paperport 12 SE software (this is what came WITH the printer). You will first want to unplug the printer from the computer, and uninstall the existing software, then reboot the computer and reinstall Paperport from the cd that came with the printer. Note than some cd's that were shipped with the printer have Windows 8 on the cd label and some do not. Take a look at your cd and follow the appropriate set of directions here.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
If you'd like, I can perform these steps for you while you watch via the Premium Service of Secure Remote Assistance. This is completely optional. If you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and work on the issue for you. If you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here. I will do my best to provide detailed answers to any questions that you may have. If the instructions that I have provide have helped you to solve this problem on your own, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!