databank876
databank876, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 20 years experience with computers.
53814968

I am getting error code 321 from my attempt to fax using my

Customer Question

I am getting error code 321 from my attempt to fax using my HP office jet pro 8500 a multi-function printer/fax. Any ideas? Thanks. Jack Burkhart
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The fax effort simply fails. I tried to fax 2 pages using the feeder tray. the 1st page goes thru the feeder but not the 2nd page. It appears that the machine can not connect to the intended recipient.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: No. Sorry.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  databank876 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and good morning to you.The 312 error means "There was a communication error with the receiving fax machine due to poor telephone line conditions." Here a few things that you can try:I hope that one of the points above solves your problem. Please remember to click 3 or more stars above and then click Submit so that I can be paid for assisting you.Set the receiving machine to receive at a slower transmission speed.If the session fails after sending several pages of a large document, resend the document as several smaller documents.Retry the fax reception when telephone line conditions have improved. Call the telephone provider if line conditions fail to improve.