John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Mx712 cannot be detected by my pc, JA: Sometimes things that

Customer Question

mx712 cannot be detected by my pc,
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: trying to setup wifi for my canon mx712 printer.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: do not have the cable that came with printer to hook up that way.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 5 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Is this a new printer or new computer or new internet modem / router device?What's the brand / model of your internet modem / router device?Are you able to go to the Wi-Fi / wireless / WLAN setup menu on the printer's screen? Is there any error or message?Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.