Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

The printer and computer do not talk. I have the correct router

Customer Question

The printer and computer do not talk. I have the correct router WPA however the printer can not find the router, computer. what do I do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. How old is the printer?Has it had any problems operating before this, any need to be restarted, that sort of thing?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
he printer is about 8 or 9 years old and it just recently stopped printing. I put the CD in to restore the printer program and it will not work. Nothing has changed with the computer that I know of.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Some times I can get the printer to work when its not wireless.
I think by the sound of it, that your printer's wireless facility has failed. 8 or 9 years is a long-enough time for a printer of that type to continue working. Lexmark went out of the inkjet printer business roughly around 2013, if I recollect correctly, so there will, most likely, not be another printer of Lexmark make to replace yours with, it's fair to say. If you need further advice, let me know. And if you are done with this case, feel free to rate my answer, please. Thanks.