JKalman
JKalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

Need to clean absorber pads on my canon mp210 JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

need to clean absorber pads on my canon mp210
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: canon mp210 clean absorper pads
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: no just its disconnected
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. The absorbing pads on Canon printers are two small pads mounted on a rubber sub assembly attached to and located underneath the printer carriage assembly. They are easy to remove and clean on most Canon printers. Here is a link to an article that explains the process: TStart by turning on the power with the door to the printer carriage closed, until the carriage moves all the way over to the side, then disconnecting the power cable so that it stays there. Then locate the black rubber frame containing the absorber pads under the carriage and remove it. Lift the pads off the frame and soak them in clear water, followed by soapy water. Then rinse them until no more ink comes out and place them on a paper towel and allow them to dry. Here is he link to an article which describes the process, step-by-step, in detail: http://smallbusiness.chron.com/clean-canon-ink-absorber-57609.html
Expert:  JKalman replied 7 months ago.
Please let me know if you have any problems with or questions about this advice. If I have solved your problem, I would appreciate a good or an excellent rating. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING. Thank you for choosing Just Answer.
Expert:  JKalman replied 7 months ago.
Here, again, is the link to an article which describes the process, step-by-step, in detail:http://smallbusiness.chron.com/clean-canon-ink-absorber-57609.html