Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My epson 645 keeps "not responding " after printing a few jobs

Customer Question

My epson 645 keeps "not responding " after printing a few jobs normally. What is the problem
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. It depends upon the nature of the connection with the printer.If it is on a USB cable connection to the computer that prints to it, then it might have a flakey USB cable with a slightly near-broken or intermittent data+ or data- wire in it. Or dirty terminals at either end. So changing the USB cable in that case, and also the USB port it runs off of, and glancing into the USB port on the printer while changing the cable, could help in that case. (Unless!: the printer's own interface is at fault. Or a virus on the computer is interfering with USB communication drastically.) If it is on a wireless connection, that more usually is a defective printer, but can also be a defective router in some configurations and cases, and could doubtfully be owing to signal interference from an active microwave oven, or a cordless phone nearby, or perhaps other sources of radio wave interference. Sometimes it might be software on the computer, but that's not usually the case. How old is the printer? and is it on USB, or on wireless connection?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is about 3 years old and is on wireless connection
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the response. Some questions I have to ask at this point: 1. Do you have any trouble with your wireless internet connection? 2. Do you have a cordless phone nearby? or a microwave oven that is often in use (as opposed to used once or twice a mealtime or less often) ? 3. What Windows version is on your computer?