Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers

After putting in a new black cartridge then trying to print

Customer Question

After putting in a new black cartridge then trying to print the machine did a awful noise when paper started to come through. Now pictures are coming out very light. I print a document and the top half of the sentence doesn't print. Make sense?
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is this included in price?
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. What is the model and make of your printer ? Is this a new printer ? Note : This is, a paid support site. is not affiliated to any printer companies. You are paying for the support you get in here.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My printer is a Epson XP-410 wireless . It is about 1-1/2 years old.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.
Have you tried taking out the cartridge and putting it back ? While installing the cartridge, did you press the head with too much force ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No to first question. No to second question. Something happened after when I went to print
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.
Can you take out the cartridges, unplug it, wait for 5 minutes, put them back and try to print again ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will try that now.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.
Any unusual noises you hear from printer are mechanical issue. I also want you to do this. Turn off your computer and do a copy from printer itself. Does it print it ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I shut off my computer and did a printer test. Now nothing happens. Just blank sheet of paper
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.
I'm afraid the printer head has failed. Lets try cleaning the printer head. On your printer, go to Setup > Maintenance > Head Cleaning. Then do the cleaning 4 or 5 times. Then do a Nozzle check from there Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
For $10.00 more for you getting on my printer I can buy a new one. I am not technically literate and don't have some one right here right now to fix it so I am not going to waste yours or my time any more.
Thank you.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry, you don't have to opt in for any additional services. If you get any person to help you there, then I will send you instructions to clean the head manually. If the head is completely failed, then it is not worth to fix it as it will cost almost a price of new printer to replace the head. If you need help at any time, please let me know. Best Regards,Ashik