John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Pearl. I am just installing my Epson Wf 4630 first

Customer Question

Hi, Pearl. I am just installing my Epson Wf 4630 for the first time. I put the ink cartridges in that came with the printer, but I get the message "Ink levels are not enough for initialization." Suggestions?
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I am installing my Epson WF-4630 printer for the first time. I put the ink cartridges in that came with the printer, but I now get the signal "Ink Levels are not enough for initialization." Suggestions?
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I did go through the initialization at first, but then I turned off the power part way through because the command came "do not open the front cover and turn off the power." That apparently doesn't mean what it says in English.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry to hear of the issue. In this case I need to ask where did the printer come from? A local store or from some place online?