John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My MX870 printer won't scan since installing Windows 10 and

Customer Question

My MX870 printer won't scan since installing Windows 10 and the printer device software is up-to-date. How can I fix this and be able to scan again.
Thanks, Tim
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 12 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I'd prefer not to - just cautious
Since the issue requires troubleshooting, i will opt out for another expert who may be able to assist via instructions. Once an expert responds, you will be notified via e-mail. Thanks
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
OK, thanks
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 12 months ago.
Greetings, I have remoted into computers several thousands of times with no problems. May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (USB, Wifi, Network) Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The connection is Wifi on a home network (both before and after Windows 10 was installed)
As stated, I have remoted into computers several thousands of times with no issues. May I remote into yours and help you fix the problem?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** prefer not to and I'll stop at this point.
Okay, thank you. Good luck.
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 12 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.
I can understand your reluctance to use secure remote assistance. I do not believe that it is necessary except in the most difficult cases, and we can certainly solve your problem together without it.
After an operating system upgrade, the printer driver installation procedure must be repeated, even if the drivers are up-to-date, because the connection between the drivers and the printer has been broken and must be reestablished.
To proceed, you will need access to the Control Panel on your computer. Please let me know if you need help finding the Control Panel.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I replied yesterday that I solved the problem myself.
Thanks, XXX
You are welcome. I am glad that you have solved your problem. And thank you for choosing Just Answer.