VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.

There, I have a hp 8600 all-in-one printer. When I first

Customer Question

Hi there,
I have a hp 8600 all-in-one printer.
When I first got the printer while exploring its capabilities, I entered the Apps icon on the printer.
I set up several auto printed options. I am finding that I am not utilizing most of what is automatically printing.
I would love to go in and make some changes, however every time I click on the apps icon,
it says " can't connect to the server". I have tied unplugging the printer, turning on and off the printer, linking directly to the hub (however I use the printer primarily wireless).
In the mean time.... each time I pass my office there often, there are papers in the out tray.
Any ideas?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

I understand that you are seeing a Server Connection Error on your printer. I can help you with that.

Now to sort out the Server Connection Error:

1. Turn the printer off.
  2. While the printer is turned off, remove the power cord from the back of the router for one minute.
  3. When all lights return on the router, turn the printer on.
  4. Try to enable web services.

This should allow you to enable web services. If it does not then:

1. On the printer click on the wireless icon that looks like a radio tower.
  2. Note the IP Address.
  3. In your browser's address bar type in the IP Address as it appears on the printer.
  4. Click on the Nework tab along the top.
  5. Click on Networking on the left.
  6. On the right side you should see an option to select Manual IP Address.
  7. Enter the IP Address in the boxes as it appears on the printer. For example, if the IP Address on the printer is then enter 192 168 1 5 in the boxes.
  8. In the Subnet Mask enter 255 255 255 0.
  9. In the Default Gateway enter the first three parts of the IP Address. The fourth part will be 1. Using the above example you would enter 192 168 1 1.
  10. Below that select Manual DNS Settings.
  11. In the first row of boxes enter 8 8 8 8.
  12. In the second row of boxes enter 8 8 4 4.
  13. Click on Apply.
  14. Click on Network Protocols on the left.
  15. On the right side click on Enable IPv4 only.
  16. Click on Apply.
  17. Turn the printer off and on again and enable Web Services.

Please let me know if this allows you to enable web services or if you have any other questions. Otherwise please remember to give positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
nope it didn't work. Sorry to be a bother
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

I am out of ideas at this point, I will open the question for other experts. So, that they can help you to solve the problem.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm a bit frustrated myself.
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry for the issue, but I am here to help you resolve it. Now, we need only do a reset of the Printer and the Reset the I recommend is the Semi-Full Reset. Please see below:

The partial Reset

The partial reset basically just refreshes the printer and clears out unneeded memory from the printer. This type of resets fixes minor printing issues such as slow printing, cartridge errors, etc..

The Semi-Full Reset

The Semi-Full Reset is the most useful type of reset. However, this clears out all the custom setting from your printer and returns if to its default factory settings. Use this reset if the partial reset does not fix your issue.

Full Reset

The full reset is the most powerful reset. If all other reset procedures is not working you can do this. However, it is not recommended as it really clears deep settings from your printer and any interruption on the reset process may render your printer unusable.

Now here is how to access the Menu:

• Turn OFF your printer.
  • Wait for 10 Seconds before turning it ON again.
  • Just as the printer turns ON, press the back button (arrow icon) on the front panel of the printer “4 times”.
  • If you did it correctly, the support menu should appear.

Please let me know of your results. As stated above. Semi-Reset is the best option as it resets the changes made by you and will allow for the least amount of time to set up the Printer once more.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It still won't do to the reset. When I turn the printer on the back arrow doesn't show until I go somewhere else first. When I retry, and push in the arrow of the back arrow, it just continues starting up as usual. I think i am going to have to take it some where.

OK, what is the closest Major City nearest you?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I live in La Mirada, near Anaheim CA

Please try:

Printer Repair Service

*****#208 ·(###) ###-####/p>

Computer Repair Service

730 E 9th St ·(###) ###-####/p>

They are an Authorized Service Provider near you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your help, how much will I be charged for your help?

Kind Sir or Madam. If you like my service to you, Please rate me with Stars above. I thank you kindly for the opportunity to serve you...

BONUSES are always welcome.

Sorry I did not answer your question. You will be charged only the amount that you agreed to. What ever the fee you agreed with JA to pay. No more and no less.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you

Any BONUSES if any are up to you Sir or Madam...

You are most welcome.