Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

My printer is an HPPhotosmart5520 has been working just fine.

Customer Question

My printer is an HPPhotosmart5520 has been working just fine. But now it won't connect to my computer-MAC. I've run all the programs and it is asking for a WPA security pass phrase. Which I don't have. I don't think I have ever had it, since I write these things down compulsively in a notebook. The wireless test results says that the solution is to enter the pass phrase. AArrgh!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. Somehow your printer lost connection with your WiFi network. It is asking for the WiFi password ***** reconnect. Don't you know your WiFi password ? If you don't know it, then you can recover the WiFi password ***** the Keychain Access application of your Mac. On your Mac, click on the Search/magnifier icon at the top right of screen. Type Keychain Access and this will show Keychain Access app.Open Keychain Access application.On the left-hand side, highlight the “System” keychainSelect “Passwords” under the categoryDouble-click on your Airport network (WiFi) that you want to see the password.Select the “Show password” checkboxEnter your administrator username and password ***** you can see the password ***** You can use that password ***** connect your printer to your WiFi network. Refer this article --> http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/05/18/how-to-find-a-wi-fi-password-on-mac/ If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask