Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

My canon PC-6re is making lines about 1/3rd from the bottom

Customer Question

Hi. My canon PC-6re is making lines about 1/3rd from the bottom and top of the page with streaking and shadowing throughout the page. Is there anything that can be done? Thank you, sharalyn
JA: Huh?
Customer: Is my machine older than you?
JA: IÂ’m an assistant to the Printer Technician. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: Ok. My old school Canon PC-6reis making streaks and shadowing on the page. I use this technology to make old school thermo faxes which I use to transfer ink, dye, paint, etc to fabric which I then make clothing, art quilts, or whatever I think of. The toner ink is perfect for this application and laser jet ink and the other ink does not work as well any suggestions? Thank you.
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Only that I am not real computer literate. Thank you.sharalyn
JA: Huh?
Customer: I am interested in another machine that can accomplish the same thing if this one cannot be easily repaired. Sharalyn
JA: Huh?
Customer: Why do you keep asking huh?
JA: I'm just trying to get information to help you.
Customer: Please ask for the information you need again. I will try to be as thorough as possible.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi Sharalyn,
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Pete. Did you have any suggestions for me?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't know how to access your answer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Pete. I cannot see your response. How do I find it? Thank you.
Thanks for replying back to me, Sharalyn. I've been looking into this problem for you.There are to things that can cause this problem. Next time you start seeing lines, turn the copier off and and remove the drum unit and check it. It should appear clean with no toner on it whatsoever.If it is covered in toner then replace it as the drum cleaning blade in it is failing. If the drum is ok then move to the fuser section.This is the section that gets hot.It is located at the point where the copier pivots open. There should be a little green handle that is spring loaded on it. Open this and peek in. There is a heat roller in there that has a teflon coating on it. If there are areas that are worn off on this that match the vertical bars your are getting when copying then this is the problem and the fuser heat roll will need replacement. This is not a user-replaceable item, so if it is faulty then the copier will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** try that. Do you have a suggestion for a model that I can use with toner ink similar to this, if it has to be replaced?
Sharalyn
Yes, the D530 is one of many toner copiers that would be suitable for this:http://www.amazon.com/Canon-imageCLASS-D530-Monochrome-Printer/dp/B008YD1V08