Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

I am working on a dell computer and I have a hp printer that

Customer Question

I am working on a dell computer and I have a hp printer that is connected by wifi.
it used to work fine, but then something happened and a guy on the phone tells me what to do, so now the printer just sits there and it says
how can I get my printer back?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your wireless printer.
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.
1. Unplug the routers power cable and let it sit for 2 to 3 mins.2. unplug the printer power as well and let it sit.3. Connect the routers power back and let it turn on and bootupwait for 3 mins to get the router booted up and be stablenow turn the pc/computer on and let the computer connect to the wireless and verify the pc is connected to the internet using wireless service.4. Now turn the printer power on and let it boot as well.Now try to print and tell me if it prints or not.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sorry, but I don't have the funds needed for the upgrade, I think the problem is in how theprinter is set up. the phone guy had me set up a new account, nam3ed TOM, with the password *****(###) ###-#### ***** s my name and phone number
believe one of them is in there, and the other is in 4r4fc
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.
you will have to make sure that you are entering the correct router password ***** the printer then only it will work.If you want i can provide you remote assistance if you agree for the remote service, 100% satisfaction or there is no charge.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not have the required funds available
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.
not a problem i will not charge you for the additional service. Let me know when you are ready i will remote connect and pull up the router password ***** you and then you can connect the printer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
not so fast on the charges pal, the 5 bucks I paid and the 11 bocks were based on my satisfaction , and you did nothing not happy.did nothing for me and I was not happy.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 6 months ago.
What model HP printer is itThey usually like to hook up to the wifi by pushing the wps button on the router as you go through the wifi setup on the printer If you give me the model number I can get you more detailed instructions but there is a WiFi setup on the printer menu Once that is complete you have to reinstall the printer on the computerFirst delete the non working printer in the devices and printers folderThen click the add printer button It should find it on the network and you can just click next next next
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I stayed as long as I could last evening, then this morning I dscovered the WPS botton on the router.myself.
I would like you to reverse the charges for this service.