John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My HP printer has gone off line of the wireless computers.

Customer Question

My HP printer has gone off line for three of the wireless computers. One still stays connected. Microsoft 10 problem?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It has been occurring for about a week. HP 5740 is off line for three platforms, a Dell, an ASUS and an old HP laptop. A Toshiba stays connected, although it required turning off printer and restarting. Tried that with two of the others with no result.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Had a problem with Windstream (the phone provider) a couple of months back. But after some work with them the computers all began to reconnect (at least as far as the Internet is concerned)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 7 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Was it printing fine previously on Windows 10?So the Toshiba computer is able to print via wireless, i.e., there is no USB cable connected from the printer to the Toshiba computer right?Have you also tried to disconnect / reconnect the power cord(s) from the internet modem / router device(s) for a few minutes, and check?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,