Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

Recently had fibre cables installed to TV, phone, etc. I have

Customer Question

Recently had fibre cables installed to TV, phone, etc. I have a new wifi number + pwd, so when I want to print on my Canon 432, there is no response. How do I punch in the new wifi code #?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I am sending print from I Mac air laptop
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 7 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Is it the model MX432?Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Please click on the website below for video instructions on how to enter the new wifi name / password ***** the printer device:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8gzyZyRU18- Also, here are the written instructions:Press the Setup (tool / wrench) button to enter the Setup menu.Use the left and right arrows to select option Device settings. Press OK button.Use the left and right arrows to select option LAN settings. Press OK.If the option WLAN activ./inactiv. appears on the display, then press OK, then use the left and right arrows to select Wireless LAN active. Press OK.Wireless LAN setup will appear on the display. Press OK.The printer will search for an access point / network to connect to. After the search, Standard setup will appear on the display. Press OK.(Note: If a message appears that asks you to press the WPS button on the access point, press the Stop button to bypass this message. Then select option Standard setup and press OK.)The printer will search for an access point / network again. When Select access point appears on the display, use the left and right arrows to locate your wireless network name. Press OK twice.If the access point has a passphrase (security key), a prompt will appear to enter in the passphrase.- To enter in the passphrase, use the numeric keypad to the right of the display. If entering in a letter, press a number on the keypad a number of times to enter in a specific letter. For example, to enter the letter c you must press the number 2 on the keypad three times. Also, to enter symbols, press the Symbols # ***** until the desired symbol is displayed.- At first, the printer will assume that you are entering in lower case letters. To toggle between lower case letters, upper case letters and numbers, press the Tone * key. Each time the key is pressed, the printer will display a different character to the right of Enter passphrase.- If a mistake has been made, press the Left arrow to move the cursor underneath the character to be deleted. Then, press the Back (curved back arrow) button to delete the character. Enter in the correct character as needed. Press the Right arrow to move the cursor to the end of the passphrase. Continue entering in the passphrase.When the passphrase has been entered in, press OK.The printer will attempt to connect to the wireless LAN.When the word "Connected" appears, press OK. If the printer fails to connect, a message will appear stating that the printer has failed to connect. Press OK and make any changes necessary to the passphrase. Press OK to connect to the access point.Then see if you can print from the computer now.Reference / illustrations:https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART117246&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1461881260039When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,