Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

My printer is working but the color in the copies is faint

Customer Question

My printer is working but the color in the copies is faint and tends to be a pink color.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.
Do you face this same problem, when you print from the PC ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes, and the black printing is faded.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you waiting for me?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm not sure why I need Secure Remote Assistance.I printed a copy thru my computer and it came out with a lot of faded pink for colors other than black. The printed word, in the original sample was a faded black instead of a bright black. So in short the copy was badly faded.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for waiting. As you have not mentioned anything about cleaning the printhead, I assume that you have not tried it yet. So, I will first recommend you to clean the printhead following the steps below and let me know, how it goes for you. Load plain white paper into the tray.On the control panel, touch the Right Arrow () to display the second navigation screen.Touch Setup (), and then touch Tools.Touch Clean Printheads. The printer cleans the printheads.Wait while the printer completes the printhead cleaning process, and then touch OK.Print another Print Quality Diagnostics Page.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.
Remote support is an optional service, you do not require it. So, just ignore those messages.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The pinhead cleaning finished and test copy was run automatically. The black printing was improved but the colors did not appear to be any better. I am now running a Level 2 cleaning of the pinhead, at least I think that's what it is doing.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.
OK, let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
O.K. the second copy has printed with no improvement over the first copy. The black seems to be what it should be. Four squares in the middle of the page are different shades of pink. The last 2 squares on the right hand side are a vague/faded yellow. So it appears that the black is working O.K., although I would like to test it before we finish and the colors are not working correctly at all.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.
If the automated cleaning does not solve the problem then, you have to clean the printhead manually.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.
If manual cleaning failed then, unfortunately, the printhead are defective and you have to replace them. Would you like try the manual cleaning ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I take it that if I ok the "securely connect" the $39.00 charge is in addition to the $23.00 I already committed to. Is that correct.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.
There is no need to worry about the remote support, as you have not accepted that offer and there is no need to accept it , because this problem cannot be solved by remote support. Please let me know, if you want to try the manual cleaning of the printhead or not ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
While waiting for u I ran a "self test diagnostic page". There was no color on the page. All was in black All was very clear and crisp. The area entitled Print Head Status indicated that the Printhead Health was GOOD for all 4 colors.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.
Try to print something from the PC which includes black and any other colors then let me know.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK, I will print something from my computer.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.
I am waiting for your reply .
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are we back in touch with each other???
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did run a copy from my computer as u requested. The results were that the black was a little faded and the colors were all pink.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for the information then, it seems the printhead is defective and you have to replace the printhead to solve the problem. Now, before that you can try to clean the printhead manually and check the result. For that, watch the video from the first link to know, how to remove the cartridges and printhead. Then, after that watch the video from the second link for the instructions to clean the printhead. You will need a printhead cleaning solution, which you can get from any local computer store or from online stores. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv71N7nJCFg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6YjL7mff5c
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.
Please let me know if you need any further information otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are u still there? Whats taking so long??
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.
Did you saw my last solution ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What solution was that?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.
Please let me know, if you need any further information.