John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Just installed new black ink but printer will not print anything

Customer Question

just installed new black ink but printer will not print anything in black but will print colors
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the unit will not produce anything that needs black ink all the colors are working fine. Black cartridge was just replaced
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The printer was in storage for approximately 3 years. Don't know if thats and issue it work fine once then it stopped printing in black. even though the old cartridge seemed to have in we replaced it. Now it won't copy or print
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the make/model of the printer?
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Do you need help with this?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you Nathan for your response. But I was able to fix it myself. Have a great day.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
You're welcome.