Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Re WF-3520. When I ask scan to computer (Mac OS 10.11.1),

Customer Question

re WF-3520. When I ask for a scan to computer (Mac OS 10.11.1), either from the scanner or from the computer, I get the error message -9923 "and error occurred while communicating with the scanner.".
Using a USB connection.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer. Then, try scanning using Image Capture. get instructions from the link below.http://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials/how-to-scan-in-os-x-using-image-capture/ If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have reinstalled the scanner/printer with the same result. I have tried Image Capture with the same result, same error message. Any other suggestions?Bob
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Please go to the link below. download and install ICA Scanner Driver for Image Capture v5.8.6. Then, try scanning using ImageCapture. If the issue persists, let me access your computer remotely, so that I can help you better. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same result. Let me think.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Might be with the compatibility of the scanner with the latest operating system. Do you have a different USB cable to try with? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried different USB cable, no difference. Tried printing thru USB and it prints. The scanner worked with this OS recently. I'm going to turn everything off and on and see what happens. I am very hesitant to let you into my computer. I had real, expensive trouble the last time I allowed that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will lose our connection
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Please be back after restarting the computer and printer. Thank you.S H E F I N
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Please try downloading and installing Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v4.0.1.0 listed under Drivers.http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=209706&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_M_X11 Thank you.S H E F I N