Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I purchased a Samsung CLP-325W printer a couple of years

Customer Question

Hi! I purchased a Samsung CLP-325W printer a couple of years ago and used it for a while--just enough to almost use up the cartridge it came with. Nine months or a year later I tried using it and there were horizontal lines across my page from right edge going left. I thought it was my old almost empty starter catridge but when I bought the new ink cartridges (Over $400.00!) the problem if anything, got worse. I have tried the cleaning sheets but nothing works. I am very upset to be out for ink that with tax is around $500! Staples won't take it back because I can't locate a proof of purchase. Any ideas?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Lets try this.. Remove the toner cartridge from your printer. Gently clean the cartridge using a soft dry cloth to clean the roller and reinstall it. Make sure the cartridge is firmly in place. Now, try a test print.. ( also, in the future Id strongly recommend you buy ink online, as you paid way to much .. for example ) If the test print still has lines going left to right.. Let me know from what computer you were test printing from, such as windows 7, windows 8, windows 10 or a mac. And also, what program did you attempt to print from.. Word, photos, etc? Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.