John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I can't get my HP printer to print of my Toshiba laptop. I

Customer Question

I can't get my HP printer to print of my Toshiba laptop. I have printed before off this laptop to HP printer.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when I plug in the usb cord I get a message that my laptop does not recognize it.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: I have tried all the ports to plug in the usb cord but none of them will work.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 6 months ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. May I know the exact model number of your printer? May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 7? Do you have a different printer USB cable with you? Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue? Thank you.S H E F I N